Sunday, January 11, 2009

Memorial for John Stone.

On Saturday linda and I drove down to Atlanta for the memorial service for John Stone. He was the one time Poet Laureate for the state of Georgia. He came once to Clayton Junior college as an Artist in Residence a long time ago. John was a wonderful man and He will be sorely missed by every one that knew him. We saw John Jr. and Martha and they are so very nice. The grand children were delightful, reciting some of John's poems and did great. Afterwards we went to a reception and dinner that was really excellent. What a fine time we had and I too will miss John Stone, very much.

On the way back to Big Creek we stopped at the Mazda dealer of Roswell and looked at the Mazda Miata they had in stock. I didn't want a real fast car but this one in the show room blew me away. Linda too. Very interesting, did I mention it was burnt copper?

Blog Archive

Followers