Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Rain and more rain.

We have really gotten the rain over the past day and night, or two. It has been so long since we have had rain like this, (when it was not a hurricane or something similar) we are just not used to it. It is so surprising to wake up in the middle of the night and hear rain coming down of this magnitude.

Years ago rain like this was just a matter of course. It rained most afternoons and we just came to expect it. I don't know if this is just a part of the climate change thing or what. It is really very nice to wake up in the middle of the night to the sound of rain on the tin roof, however.

I am recovering from the oral surgery quite well although I am still very sore. The swelling has been really bad and seems to be subsiding some what this afternoon. I certainly hope so. I hate being so asymmetrical!

Blog Archive

Followers