Friday, January 23, 2009

Today

It has been a nice day here today so far. The temperature is warmer than the past few days and a person can mess around outside. I started taking care of the chickens when I realized that I was almost out of chicken food. I came in the house to call Linda and get her to pick some up for me on her way home from school. The phone was dead! So, since I have no cell service here in the area I drove up to the top of the hill above Mrs. Woodie's where I got a signal and called Linda and told her to call the phone company. On the way up to the hill I passed one road scraper and one pick-up truck. The men, one in each truck were sound asleep, or so I assumed. When I got to the top of the hill I suddenly thought, what if both men were dead, their vehicles were both running when I passed them by and Jesse was barking so loudly that he could have awakened the dead. SO, what if they were dead. Having succumbed to carbon monoxide poisoning from their exhaust and went to sleep which turned permanent and they were never to wake up! I hurriedly returned to the spot on the road where I had seen them and they were both awake, smoking cigarettes and talking outside their vehicles. I was happy they were alright but this would have made a better story if it had been a different ending, hummmmm.

The phone was working again when I got back home.

Blog Archive

Followers