Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Facebook

This morning I decided to delete my facebook account. It takes two weeks at least to do it. While enjoying some of the attributes the site offers I have finally come to the realization that it is not a medium for me. I have a tendency to say flippant, out of context things that other people find offensive, and occasionally insulting in some way. I have never meant to offend anyone and am sorry if I have. In addition I find that I quickly take offence at some of the comments that are sent to me (whether intentional or not, how do you tell)in one situation or another, on Facebook. Having a stubborn, tenacious streak that I can't control, makes me want to have the last word, or the last insult and it almost always takes on a life of it's own that I can't seem to reign back into control. In the same thought, when I am over it, I am so over it, usually ambarassed and never want to think or talk about it again. All this has cost me dearly. So, good bye Facebook!

Having said all this I think Facebook is wonderful for most people, just not for me. The people, especially the former students that have contacted me through Facebook have enriched my life immeasurably. All the wonderful comments and testimonials have been wonderful to hear. They actually remember me! What a surprise. It makes all those years of being underpaid almost worth it. All I can say is WOW!


.

Blog Archive

Followers