Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Garden....Susan, this is for you!

Below are a few photos of this year's garden. I have planted many things, some are doing well and some are not doing so well. The very tall plants with the reddish-purple stems are Italian Dandelions from the Fall of 2008 and didn't die over the Winter. I wanted to see what their blooms looked like. So far they have only produced very tall stems but appear to be getting ready to bloom.

The Lettuces have been really good this Spring although we have not eaten very many of them they are beautiful things to grow. The very tiny things are varieties of Swiss Chard and will do well here if they behave as they usually do. Also there are Enadmame(Soy Beans) that are growing well, so far. They did great last year. The Cabbage are growing like crazy as is most every thing else. I have mostly Heirloom Tomatoes that I got over in Birmingham on my last visit to Bric and his lovely family.

Blog Archive

Followers