Saturday, July 4, 2009

The 4th of July!

Yesterday Linda and I drove down to Mcdonough for the funeral of the former Academic Dean of Clayton State College. It was a long drive for us but I felt that I needed to do it. Dean Nail was academic dean for many of the years I taught at CSU and although I never felt that he liked me or appreciated what I did, there was something that made me want to go. There were not really so many faculty members from that era there and most all of them were retired, as I am. I am glad I went but did not get to talk to his wife of any of his family. I am sure they are all having a tough time.

We have no real plans for today (the $th of July) but Rebecca B. is coming by tomorrow to say hello. She is taking a class at John C. Campbell Folk School . It will be fun seeing her after so long.

I got one shot fired at the Ground Hog who is eating every thing down in my garden. Pretty sure I missed but I always get another shot because they always come back if I didn't hit them the first time.

Blog Archive

Followers