Tuesday, July 21, 2009

What a day today!

This morning Linda left for Knoxville for her quilt retreat and will be gone till Saturday. She just loves to go to those things. Probably mostly to get away from me but actually I enjoy her trips almost as much as she does. I guess it does us good to be apart sometimes.

This afternoon I drove down to exit 20 to Michael's for a tube of Yellow Ochre paint. I am working on a painting of Grand-son Brayden and am doing the entire background that color. If there was only some place closer to get those kinds of things but as far as I know Canton is about it. I really like the painting and Bric and Janette also liked it a lot.

Bric called a couple of times today and all is well in Homewood and the kids are both fine. He and Janette are both well although she felt not so good over the weekend. Peyton is embroiled in the rehearsals of "Oklahoma" in which he plays Slim. He is having a lot of fun doing it and that is what's important.

Late this afternoon I walked up the creek to see what had been done on the Seller's bridge. Their old bridge had a tree fall on it and completely destroyed it. The new bridge is not arched but looks pretty good anyway. I ran into Dave and Lynn and they joined me on the walk as they wanted to see the progress also. The dogs, Jesse, Moose and J.D. ran along with us, jumping in and out of the creek. It was a really quiet a nice afternoon, beautiful and cool as well.

Blog Archive

Followers