Tuesday, March 2, 2010

1:02 PM and the snow is still fallingf



It started snowing here this morning before daylight and has continued pretty much all day. It has been very beautiful and we have enjoyed watching it through the windows and doors. At times the flakes were as large as silver dollars. Thank goodness we have not had to go anywhere or it would have been a very different story. I have taken a lot of photos and have for sure gotten enough to choose from for next year's Christmas cards. That is if we send any out next year. It seems to have gone out of fashion. Too bad. We do not know if Linda is going to have school tomorrow but it seems unlikely even though the temperature is above freezing. There is just so much snow and it will probably drop below freezing tonight and the roads will be covered with ice in the morning. We'll see.

After walking over to the mailbox four separate times today I am beginning to think that the mailman is taking the day off. Who could blame him? The snow is 4 to 5 inches deep in places and still it is coming down. I had a snowball fight with Moose earlier and he won!

I made a BBQ chicken pizza and chicken soup for lunch with the "sourdough" bread dough. It was pretty good and suffices as we can't get into town for Pizza Hut or anything else for a while. In addition I made a salad from pickled Beets, cucumbers and onions that was really good. Tonight I am thinking Caesar salad with sour dough croutons and leftover pizza, maybe. Why is it that every time it snows I am ravenous the entire time till the snow melts? If I lived in Minnesota I would be so fat!





Blog Archive

Followers