Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Doubt

Yesterday Linda and I drove down to Atlanta and went to the Chinese Terra cotta Warriors show at the High Museum. It was very interesting although somewhat smaller that what I thought it would be. The information and details on the soldiers was amazing and helpful in enabling one to understand what and how things were in that era and location of the world. We also saw the "Louvre in Atlanta" show that, unfortunately, was less than satisfying. It merely hints at what the museum might be like in Paris and the items presented were not first rate. Fortunately, admission was included with the "Warrior" show. There was one painting there by J.A.D.Ingres that I had never seen, so that was fun and worth the effort alone.

After the museum, we went over to Tara movie theater and saw "Doubt". It was extremely well acted and is deserving of the accolades heaped on it by the Golden Globes and the Academy Award members. It was not the easiest thing to watch but worth it for the acting alone. Gall bladder surgery would be interesting as well to watch but I'm not so sure how much I might enjoy it. And, if I have to see another movie with Phillip Seymore Hoffman in it any time soon I think I might have a total meltdown. In the past few "Netflick weeks" I have seen way too many things with him in it. Having said all this I should mention that any movie is tolerable if you have one of those giant tubs of popcorn and enough drink!

I thought Benjamin Button was a much more enjoyable movie as a whole but believe it will be ignored at the Academy awards ceremony. I hope not.

Blog Archive

Followers