Friday, September 18, 2009

My Aunt

On Wednesday I drove over to Birmingham to spend the night with Bric and his family. They were all fine, happy and healthy. On Thursday Bric and I got up, took the little boys to the daycare, where they stay and he and I drove over to Tuscaloosa before ultimately driving down to Marion Alabama. In Tuscaloosa we drove by the UofA and got a quick look, after so very long at the area where I spent most of my time when I was in school there. The Quad where we used to hang out so much had changed in dramatic ways and was much better than when we were in school. It was fun to see the place after 42 or so years. Sometime I would like to go back and spend more time just walking around and looking at the sights.

We left Tuscaloosa and drove to the funeral of a dear aunt who passed away Tuesday night. She was always very special to me and I will miss her very much. She was a very strong woman and ahead of her time in many ways. The minister referred to her as the "little woman with the big punch" and she was.

Blog Archive

Followers