Thursday, October 8, 2009

Mr. Cantrell

This morning Mr.Cantrell brought our cord of wood and dumped it in the driveway. I spent some of the afternoon stacking it under the shed and in the parking area. There is was too much to get it all under the covered shed. It will probably take me the better part of the week to get it all stacked. The wood is very nice and dry but not too far gone to make Good firewood. It will not burn up too quick and should make a nice hot fire. We have lots left over from last year that will serve as kindling.

Today I made bread as usual and also made a small Coffee cake that turned out pretty good. It has Almonds, Lingnon Berry Jam and sour cream topping and is pretty tasty. I frequently make bread daily and while we do not eat it all the dogs, fish and chickens seem to like it quite well. The crusty Italian/French bread is what I always wanted to learn to make and I can now do pretty good after lots of practice and lots of failures. It is very satisfying.

The dogs and I went for a walk and when we were half way down the road, I remembered that I had left a Rosemary Focassia in the oven baking. The four of us ran back and got here just in time to save it from being burned. Having been a long time since I ran anywhere it was a shock as to just how hard it is to actually try to run. Once, a very long time ago I ran a lot and really enjoyed it. What has happened to me.....that's a rhetorical question and I do not actually want an answer!

Blog Archive

Followers