Saturday, October 31, 2009

Saturday....all day

We are watching Georgia play Florida at this moment and things certainly look bleak for Ga. Florida is a real powerhouse and they look better every game. As much as I would love to see Fla. lose, I don't think it will happen today. Auburn spanked Ole Miss and that alone is enough to make me want several large drinks and about a wheelbarrow full of Potato chips. Certainly I am not the rabid football fan that many people are but I do enjoy a really close exciting football game. There is however, almost no way I can sit through the entire thing with out thinking about all the other things I should be doing and getting up to do them, like walking the dogs, feeding the chickens, weeding the garden, aggravating the cats, calling the relatives,Popping some corn, raking the leaves and so many other really inconsequential(I suppose) things. Today is a great day for staying in the house and watching the game because the rain is, yet again coming down in buckets and has pretty much decimated the Fall leaves. What a difference from last weekend, which was absolutely beautiful. The wind of the last few days has also taken quite a toll on the leaves. They never last long and are gone way before I am through looking at them but maybe that is the main reason they are so special. "That same flower that smiles today" and all that.....

Blog Archive

Followers