Friday, March 5, 2010

Sunny day

Today has been wonderful as far as the weather is concerned. Linda went to school to teach this morning and came home a few minutes ago. I worked out in the garden pruning the espaliered fruit trees and the Muscadine vines. The place where I plan on planting the Heirloom tomatoes this summer I put lime and 10.10.10 fertilizer in to prepare the soil. The chicken litter will go in on top of the lime and fertilizer later. I will them roto till everything into the soil if I can get the tiller to crank. It feels so good to actually be able to work outside for a change. It really feels like Spring here today, but cooler.

If all goes well tomorrow I will try to crank my chainsaw and cut down some of the dead trees that have fallen this past winter. All that stuff desperately needs cleaning up and tomorrow will be the day, if the tiller cooperates.

Blog Archive

Followers